Gifts and Donations
1. The Library accepts donations of books and other library materials, but reserves the right to evaluate and dispose of them in accordance with the criteria applied to the purchase of library materials. Donations may be added to the collection, sold, or discarded.
2. The Library can not accept any reference materials older than 5 years old.
3. The Library does not accept text books, encyclopedia, or magazines.
4. For any donor requesting a receipt, one will be provided stating the number of items donated. The Library Staff will not provide an appraisal for any donations. Provision of a receipt does not imply that donated materials are tax deductible.
5. No conditions may be imposed on the Library in its acceptance of any material.
6. All donated material becomes the property of the Kankakee Public Library.